Calendário Geopolítico da Semana 8 Dezembro 2014
Editor’s Note: The following is an internal Stratfor document listing significant meetings and events planned for the next week. Stratfor analysts use this to stay informed of the activities and travel of world leaders and to guide their areas of focus for the week.
- Dec. 8: Finance ministers from the Eurozone will meet in the Eurogroup in Brussels.
- Dec. 8: The European Parliament will hold committee meetings in Brussels.
- Dec. 9: Finance ministers from all 28 member states will meet in the Economic and Financial Affairs Council in Brussels.
- Dec. 9: EU energy ministers will meet in Brussels.
- Dec. 9: EU transport, telecommunications and energy ministers will meet in Brussels.
- Dec. 9: Italian judges from the union Federmot and post office workers from COBAS, CUB and USB will strike.
- Dec. 10: The European Court will swear in European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker and commission members in Luxembourg.
- Dec. 10: Coreper I and II will be held in Brussels.
- Dec. 11: EU ministers for employment, social policy, health and consumer affairs will meet in Brussels.
- Dec. 11: The European Parliament will hold committee meetings in Brussels.
- Dec. 11: Cargo division workers of Italian railway company Trenitalia will strike.
- Dec. 12: EU education ministers will meet in Brussels.
- Dec. 12: Transport division workers of Italian railway company Trenitalia will strike.
- Dec. 12: Italian workers unions CGIL, UIL and UGL will strike.
- Dec. 12: German railway company Deutsche Bahn will resumes talks with the union EVG.
- Dec. 12-15: EU foreign affairs ministers will meet in Brussels.
- Dec. 13-14: Italian railway workers will strike.
FORMER SOVIET UNION
- Dec. 11: Russian President Vladimir Putin will visit India.
- Unspecified date: Burma’s ethnic armed group representatives will meet for official peace talks.
- Unspecified date: Chen Deming, president of China’s Association for Relations Across the Taiwan Straits, will visit Taiwan.
- Unspecified date: Thailand’s army chief adviser Gen. Aksara Kerdphol will meet with facilitators in Malaysia to obtain dialogue guidelines on peace talks with southern separatist groups.
- Dec. 3-12: U.S. Special Representative for North Korea Policy Ambassador Sung Kim will visit South Korea, Japan, and China for meetings with senior officials to discuss North Korea policy.
- Dec. 7-13: Irish President Michael Higgins will visit China.
- Dec. 12: The free trade agreement between Australia and South Korea will come into force.
- Dec. 14: Japan will hold snap elections for the Lower House.
- Dec. 8: Nominations will close for Sri Lanka’s presidential polls, which will be held Jan. 8.
- Dec. 8: Pakistan will host the Iranian finance minister.
- Dec. 8: Pakistani opposition leader Imran Khan plans a shutdown of Faisalabad, followed by a shutdown of Karachi on Dec. 12, Lahore Dec. 15 and a nationwide shutdown Dec. 18.
- Dec. 8: The Pakistan Supreme Court will hold a hearing on the disqualification of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
- Dec. 8: The Indo-American Chamber of Commerce will hold the Indo-U.S. Infrastructure Summit in New Delhi.
- Dec. 8-12: A team from the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration will be in India to conduct a new audit of India’s aviation safety mechanism, which was downgraded almost a year ago.
- Dec. 9: India will hold the third phase of polling for state assembly elections in Jammu and Kashmir and Jharkhand.
- Dec. 9: The U.S. Trade and Development Agency will hold an India Smart Grid Workshop Series in San Francisco to bring together stakeholders in the U.S. and Indian power sectors for potential collaboration on future projects.
- Dec. 11-12: The second business conclave for India, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam will take place in New Delhi.
- Dec. 12-16: Coal India Limited’s worker union will stage a protest against coal policy and government plans to divest from the company.
- Dec. 14: India will hold the fourth out of five phases of voting for state assembly elections in Jammu and Kashmir and Jharkhand.
- Unspecified date: A 17-member delegation led by Indian Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar will attend the U.N. climate change talks in Lima, Peru.
MIDDLE EAST/NORTH AFRICA
- Dec. 8-12: The Inaugural Africa Meeting of the Global Geospatial Information Management will be held in Tunis.
- Dec. 9-10: Gulf Cooperation Council leaders will meet during a summit in Doha.
- Dec. 9: The Egyptian Cairo Criminal Court will resume the trial of ousted president Mohammed Morsi and 14 others charged with inciting the murder of demonstrators outside Ittihadiya presidential palace in 2012.
- Dec. 9: The United Nations Support Mission in Libya will call a new round of political dialogue.
- Dec. 10: Lebanon will resume its presidential election after legislators failed for a 15th time to elect a new head of state amid the ongoing political deadlock.
- Dec. 10: The Kuwaiti Constitutional Court will give a verdict on peaceful gathering and freedom of assembly.
- Dec.11: The Egyptian Cairo Criminal Court will resume the trial of political activist Alaa Abdel-Fattah and 24 others charged with demonstrating without a permit, attacking policemen and blocking traffic during demonstrations outside the Shura Council in 2013.
- Dec. 8-9: The Ibero-American Summit will take place in Vera Cruz, Mexico.
- Dec. 9: Venezuela’s National Assembly will vote on the 2015 National Budget.
- Dec. 10: The Colombian government and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia will resume peace talks.
- Dec. 10-11: Argentina’s transportation workers will go on strike.
- Dec. 11: Colombia will hold a minimum wage debate among private sector, government, and workers.
- Unspecified date: Bolivian President Evo Morales will travel to Mexico, Argentina, Peru, and Cuba.
- Dec. 8: Kenya’s High Court will hear the land compensation dispute between government and local residents of Lamu.