Calendário Geopolítico da Semana 9 Fevereiro 2015
Parlamento Europeu discute sanções à Rússia, EUA e Coreia do Sul fazem exercício anual de Defesa para contrariar ameaças do programa nuclear norte-coreano. Veja os eventos em destaque no “Calendário Geopolítico da Semana”.
Geopolitical Calendar: Week of Feb. 9, 2015
- Feb. 9: EU energy ministers will meet in Sofia for a meeting run by European Commission Vice President Maros Sefcovic.
- Feb. 9-10: EU foreign ministers will attend the Foreign Affairs Council and European ministers will meet at the General Affairs Council in Brussels.
- Feb. 9-12: The European Parliament will hold a plenary session and committee meetings Strasbourg.
- Feb. 10: The European Commission will hold its weekly meeting in Strasbourg.
- Feb. 11: Eurozone finance ministers will hold an extraordinary meeting in Brussels to discuss Greece’s debt crisis.
- Feb. 12: The European Summit will meet in Brussels.
- Feb. 13: Dresden will commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Allied air raid on the city.
- Feb. 15: Hamburg will hold local elections.
FORMER SOVIET UNION
- Feb. 9: U.S. President Barack Obama will meet with German Chancellor Angela Merkel to discuss arming Ukraine.
- Feb. 9-10: Russian President Vladimir Putin will visit Egypt.
- Feb. 12: Russia and Japan’s deputy foreign ministers will hold talks in Moscow.
- Feb. 12: The European Parliament will meet to discuss sanctions on Russia.
- Feb. 9: Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha will visit Japan to discuss a railway project that would link Myanmar, Thailand and Cambodia.
- Feb. 9-14: U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Antony Blinken will visit South Korea, China and Japan.
- Feb. 11-13: South Korea and the United States will hold an annual defense exercise aimed at countering threats from North Korea’s nuclear program.
- Feb. 9: An Israeli government delegation headed by the director-general of the Economy Ministry, Amit Lang, will visit India to resume free trade agreement talks.
- Feb. 9-11: Singapore President Tony Tan Keng Yam will visit India to commemorate 50 years of diplomatic ties between the two countries.
- Feb. 9-12: An Indian mining delegation will attend Mining Indaba 2015 in South Africa.
- Feb. 10: Delhi will declare results for assembly elections.
- Feb. 11-12: Sri Lankan Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera will visit the United States.
- Feb. 11-13: The Institute of Defense Studies and Analysis will hold its 17th Asian Security Conference in New Delhi.
- Feb. 12: Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi will visit Pakistan.
- Feb. 12: India will announce qualified bidders for its coal block e-auctions.
- Feb. 14-22: India will conduct coal block e-auctions.
- Feb. 15: Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena will visit India.
- Feb. 15-17: The First Renewable Energy Global Investors Meet and Expo will be held in New Delhi.
MIDDLE EAST/NORTH AFRICA
- Feb. 7-12: The Prince of Wales will visit Saudi Arabia during his six-day tour of a number of Arab countries including Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
- Feb. 8-15: Egypt’s Front for Defending Journalists and Freedoms will begin demonstrations at the journalists syndicate in Cairo.
- Feb. 8-9: G-20 finance ministers and central bank deputy governors will meet in Istanbul.
- Feb. 9-10: Qatar’s Internal Security Force will implement training for a paratrooper jump in Doha’s Aspire Park.
- Feb. 10: The Egyptian Giza Criminal Court will resume the trial of 31 defendants charged with killing prominent Shiite cleric Hassan Shehata.
- Feb. 10: Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas will visit Stockholm after Sweden became the first major state in the European Union to recognize Palestine.
- Feb. 10: A Kuwait-Sudan ministerial committee will meet in Kuwait.
- Feb. 10-11: Algeria’s Syndicalist Bloc of Education will go on strike.
- Feb. 15: Philip Gordon, a special assistant to U.S. President Barack Obama and the White House coordinator for the Middle East, will visit Israel.
- Feb. 15: Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi will be tried on charges of leaking classified documents to Qatar and Al-Jazeera.
- Unspecified date: Nicaragua will renew technological cooperation agreements with Taiwan.
- Feb. 9: Peruvian President Ollanta Humala will meet with political leaders to discuss the country’s political agenda.
- Feb. 9: Feb 9: Leaders from Argentina’s four major agriculture entities will meet to decide the future of the agrarian block.
- Feb. 9-10: Union of South American Nations Secretary-General Ernesto Samper will visit Uruguay to hear proposals from analysts to combat drug-trafficking.
- Feb. 10: The Colombian government and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia will conclude the first 2015 cycle of their peace negotiations in Havana.
- Feb. 11: Uruguayan Industry Minister Roberto Kreimerman will meet with his country’s Chamber of Industry to discuss ways to improve competitiveness.
- Feb. 12: Venezuelan student movements will protest in Merida against the government.
- Feb. 15: Venezuela will take delivery of Russian Urals crude oil.
- Feb. 15: Brazil will increase the ethanol mix in its gasoline from 25 percent to 27 percent.
- Feb. 9: Somalia’s prime minister will submit new Cabinet nominations to the parliament for approval.
- Feb. 11: The Federal High Court in Abuja will hear a new suit seeking to disqualify Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan from the country’s 2015 presidential election.
- Feb. 12: South African President Jacob Zuma will preside over the parliament’s 2015 opening.
- Feb. 14: Nigeria will hold elections.
Published with permission by Stratfor